The Loof Reopens again
For all rooftop lovers, the Loof is officially reopened after two(2) months of renovating makeover.
Loof ~ a playful reference to the idiosyncrasies of local speech and culture.
Finally, Singapore’s first standalone rooftop bar located atop Odeon Towers in downtown CBD is back and better than ever. Going back to the good ol’ roots of yester-years, the new Loof is refreshed but maintains its cheeky and quirky character, but now comes with extra local flavour.
Remember how Loof used to look like? Well, here it is for you to do some reminiscing…
The Mama Shop
The newest addition to Loof is The Mama Shop. The Singaporean precursor to the modern day convenience store, Mama shops were typically run by Indian Uncles (“Mama” in Tamil). A spin on the traditional, The Mama Shop’s hostess greets customers and sells knick-knacks and treats of yesteryear. Play Five Stones with your friends, crackle some pop rocks, or simply buy kitschy souvenir notebooks and mugs. There’s a little something for everyone — Singaporean, expat, tourist or business traveler.
Loof Menu (FindYourWayInSG Favourite Picks and Selections)
The cocktail and bar food menus both feature Singaporean elements and lots of local flavour. New Southeast Asian cocktail selections include five distinct drinks that are familiar yet unique.
- Ho Chi Mint refreshes with light notes of pear juice, mint, cucumber and vodka.
- Java Ginger Crush warms the soul with a triple whammy of ginger beer, fresh ginger and Canton ginger liqueur garnished with fragrant grapefruit.
- Penang Padi spices up things with a kick of chili padi, lime juice, vanilla vodka and the smallest splash of soy sauce.
- Bandung Bloom, made with kalamansi juice, vodka, champagne and rose syrup is an updated tuck shop drink that takes you back to those school canteen days.
- The Singapore Sour plays on salty-sweet with sour plum, kalamansi juice and vodka.
In addition to new favourites, selected Loof classic cocktails are here to stay, so don’t fret if you miss your Gummiberry and Black Forest Mojito cravings!
There is also a new selection of Asian beers from throughout the region including Beer Lao (Laos), Tsingtao (China), Hite (Korea), Chang (Thailand), Taiwan White Beer (Taiwan), San Miguel (Philippines), Asahi (Japan), and of course, homegrown Tiger (Singapore).
To complement the drink selection, Loof’s food menu also comes with a local twist.
- Chili Crab Dip served with fried mantou incites serious dunking;
- Ahi Kueh Pie Tee consists of tuna tartare with jicama and pine nuts served in a dainty kueh pie tee cup.
- Ramly Burger – juicy beef patty wrapped in a thin omelet and topped with Loof’s secret sauce.
Enjoy carefully crafted Southeast Asian inspired cocktails with bar food that have a local twist. Then take a trip down memory lane and purchase little gems of nostalgia at The Mama Shop. Bask in the cool shade of Loof’s urban garden. Take in the best view of Raffles Hotel.
In the heart of the city, soak up infectious beats from our resident DJs KFC and Tyler Made. Get a weekly dose of ear candy every Thursday at “LOOFAPALOOZA” with DJ Uncle Johnny as he spins tribute indie and alternative beats from the 80s and 90s.
Get extra happy with the new Happy Hour “Beat the Clock” every Mon-Fri from 5-8pm. House-pour spirits, beers and wines by the glass are priced according to the hour on the clock. And UOB Card-members get a special extension until 8.30pm.
Open seven days a week. Sun – Thu from 5.30pm – 1am, Fri – Sat from 5.30pm – 3am.
RSVP: 6338 8035
Email: [email protected]
Visit www.loof.com.sg for more information.