F1 Singapore Grand Prix – 21st-23rd Sept 2012
So this weekend (21st -23rd Sept) sees the long awaited arrival of the Formula 1 Grand Prix 2012 come to Singapore. See the world’s best drivers compete on one of the world’s most exciting tracks! Three practice races on Friday and Saturday with the qualifying race held on Saturday night at 9pm. The main event not to be missed then kicks off on the Sunday night at 8pm!
Not only do you have 3 action packed days of racing to look forward to but also an awesome array of entertainment at your fingertips.
International superstar acts will be performing on the Pandang stage; Friday night sees Asia’s number 1 R’n’B singer-songwriter Jay Chou from Taiwan, on Saturday catch acclaimed rock sensations Maroon 5 perform and Sunday night sees pop queen Katy Perrylight up the stage!
That’s not all though, throughout the weekend you can also enjoy an impressive lineup of acts including Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (UK), The Proclaimers (UK), Bananarama (UK), Fuse (UK), Tom Thum (AUS), VOX (SG), The Pretenders (UK), Mama Kin (AUS), ShiLi & Adi (SG), The Mamuku Project (NZ/FR) and many more! Click here to see full detailed listing of entertainment over the weekend.
On top of all that, just in case you somehow managed to get bored, whilst walking around you will be able to view a number of breathtaking art installations from around the globe and enjoy a multitude of street performers from dancers to drummers to magicians – you will be in awe at every turn!So with so much going on, it’s important you plan your route carefully to avoid any unnecessary hassle. Here are a few important tips to remember to ensure you make the most of this exciting event.
- Check you have your ticket – got it, good! If not then you still can buy last minute tickets from the official website and collect in person from the Circuit Park Collection Centre (Raffles City Convention Centre, Level 4 Swissotel The Stamford). The last few tickets are selling fast so if you don’t have yours yet act now. Click here to be taken to the ticket office.
- Check your ticket for the correct date and your recommended gate information and leave yourself plenty of time to get there.
- Opt for public transport. The volume of people will make driving a nightmare and with dedicated buses from the mrt stations, getting around via public transport couldn’t be easier! Check the website here for details of transport to and from your gate.
- Plan out which acts, events, races you want to see in advance to avoid disappointment or confusion on the day.
- Pick up a free circuit map from one of the information booths located at the venue, just in case!
- Dress appropriately, this is Singapore after all and it gets hot. Make sure you are dressed comfortably, plenty of sunscreen and sensible footwear for all that walking around!
- Pack light – there are no lockers available at the event.
- Take a waterproof jacket, the event will continue rain or shine, and also earplugs! The noise from the cars can be intense. Don’t worry if you forget you can also pick up a ‘survival kit’ on arrival for $2.
- Enjoy yourself and have an experience of a lifetime!